Monday, April 24, 2006

My first post I guess has not been viewed by many but it still doesn’t give me a reason not to post.

I am Abhishek Singh, student of first year MBA. I am studying in ARMY INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT KOLKATA. That’s about me. My life isn’t that interesting, just another one like any of you. My first post would give you a reason to wonder why I have written something that doesn’t bother me or effect me directly but that isn’t so. I am like any one of you discontented with the way affairs of our country are handled by the men we have elected.

Talking about my life as such, I am stuck in this momentary lapse of time. I have 2nd semester exams from the 5th of May. And I can vouch on one thing that I am clueless about all my subjects. Not something I am sure you would expect from a MBA student. But that’s the reality. I am awaiting results for my summer internship. Yes I haven’t been lucky enough to be short listed for any company. It doesn’t mean that I am worthless; it’s just that my stars haven’t shined for me yet. By the way I happen to be the PRESIDENT of student council of AIM. That’s an achievement in it self.

So you would be wondering what kind of an institute I am studying in. well it has nothing to do with the institute, the problem lies in our country. Democracy is the reason why I am the president of my college. But that isn’t my fault either I never promised my fellow students that I would be the first one to get placed or do well in my exams. None of our leaders are qualified; they are just occupying the seats because of people like us. So that gives me an alibi.

The college I am in is by the way one of the best college in east India. Hence it’s proven that I am not worthless at all. Well my interests are varied, when I was doing graduation from Delhi University I wanted to join the Indian Army. I almost made it. But thanks to my stars I was medically found unfit. Not that I couldn’t climb a mountain or bring an enemy down but on papers I didn’t have an organ that was required. How fortunate could that be? By the way I was all India 29th in the merit list. So that’s another achievement. Anyways life is funny when u want to do something it will throw exactly the opposite at you. Than I decided that I would try my hands on MBA. Being a graduate I was sure that I wouldn’t get a job I deserved, even post graduation doesn’t get you one. But still post graduate degree manages to get you a decent start.

Yes I am aware of the fact that there are IIM’S in our country, but how many of us make it to IIM’S. Anyhow I was not bogged down by such petty things in life so I gave cat my best short and managed to make it into AIM.

That’s about all I know it’s a very abrupt way to end but I guess I don’t feel like writing more, hope to get few comments on this post. I promise next one would be even more interesting.

Till then…………….

No comments: